Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ten Months Old

Dear Rya D.,

You're ten months old today. I'm not really sure where this month went. It went by in a flash and I felt frazzled all month but I still managed to notice a few of your milestones. You're standing on your own, you're saying Mama, you're opening cabinets, and you're throwing adorable tizzy fits.

It just happened last week. Your father and I looked over and there you were standing in the middle of kitchen looking so proud of yourself. We're pretty proud of you too and we're anticipating those first steps any day now. You finally said "Mama" and now you say it all the time because you get a big reaction out of me every time you say it. You started opening the kitchen cabinets which reminds me that I need to child proof the house but honestly I doubt I'll ever get around to doing it. You've been throwing little tantrums if I try to put you down. You arch your back and screech and I'm not supposed to think that's funny but I do. You are just so stinking cute even when you're being a stinker.

No matter how busy life gets or how frazzled I feel, I promise to try to slow down and observe your achievements. I may not always applaud them out loud but I notice and I am so proud.

All my love,
Mama

1 comment:

Karen said...

Really? 10 months, already?! Wow, that was fast. A year will be here before you know it!