Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Egg Skating

While I was upstairs packing for our trip to Florida, Currier took a dozen eggs and smashed them all over my bedroom floor because he "wanted to go ice skating".  I can't even put into words the fury I felt when I walked into this mess but my rage was replaced by fear when I noticed that Currier's entire body was covered in massive hives just seconds after this picture was taken.  So rather than an immediate punishment, I'm on the phone with the doctor giving Currier Benadryl in the shower.  As soon as the hives went away, Numbskull spent the rest of the afternoon in his bedroom while I sobbed and mopped the floor a dozen times.  And a week later my bedroom still reeks of raw eggs! 

7 comments:

The three r's in Italy. Rob, Rebecca, and Ruth said...

HAHAHAH I am not looking forward to my boy getting older. So darn cute though!

jasmine said...

ooooo, love your floors. even with layers of crushed eggs!

Unknown said...

Yep. This is one he'll hear about when he's older. Creative and resourceful little bugger.....

Digital Wissler said...

OH. MY. GOD. I believe that when he's older, you'll get him back by removing the modesty patch.

Meg said...

Oh my god Coleen!! Oh my god... I'm so not ready to be a parent

The Andres said...

This would only happen to you, Coleen! Are you sure you're not staging these disasters just for some good blog content?? :) Currier is certainly manelo (sp?), but why the hives? Is he allergic to eggs? Glad to see you all survived and you even thought to stop and take a picture of the crime scene!! :) That's my Coleen!

karen said...

Really, speechless. That is just TOOOO flipping funny. Um, not the hives part.. but the stuff up until that point!