Friday, June 15, 2012

Staying Home

I'm slowly easing myself back into the stay-at-home mom routine and to be completely honest it's been a rough start.  The rain has kept us in the house for 3 days and now that the sun is finally out, Rya is sick so we're stuck in the house for another lovely day!  I just listened to a 20 minute argument between Currier and Rya over a friggin ribbon and then Currier decided to change Rya’s name to “Rio” because she pronounces his name “Turrier” because she can’t pronounce Currier. This caused Rio, I mean Rya, to spiral into a full on nervous breakdown so I told Currier to go to his room and he obeyed but not without shouting, “I hate you!” before slamming his bedroom door. Then my husband, who has been in DC for over a week, called and told me not to bother picking him up at the airport this evening because he needs to stay in DC for a few more days. This reminded me to go into the kitchen to take my antidepressants and I slipped in a puddle of dog piss and pinched a nerve in my fucking back.  Is it 5 o'clock yet? 

No comments: