Saturday, January 17, 2009

Two Months Old

Dear Rya D.,

You're two-months-old today. We have a well established routine now and you're a pretty easy baby. I suspect you're going to be a very even-tempered person like your father. You have your fussy moments (usually between 10 and 12 at night) but otherwise you're content. I love this about you.

Only 62 days old and you've already earned a couple nicknames. I call you "Rizzy Dizzy" or "Riz". Those crazy newborn crossed eyes started it and it just stuck. Your dad calls you "Booger" (the guy from Revenge of the Nerds) because you burp louder than a frat boy at a kegger. And whenever you cry, we all tease you and call you "Rya the Crier". Sorry for that.

This month you had a major growth spurt (thanks to the formula supplements) so now I sadly need to pack the newborn clothes away. You also developed a yucky case of cradle cap on your eyebrows this month. I know this must have been terribly embarrassing for you so I took care of it with a little dandruff shampoo. You can pay me back by plucking my eyebrows for me when I'm an old lady.

Finally, this month you gave us your first smile and it is utterly intoxicating. Thank you for that. It's the best gift you can ever give me!

All my love,
Mama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you were my Mom! I love this stuff :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, that note made me cry. Stop it. Just stop being such a great writer. First your comedy and now this poignant stuff. It's too much I tell you...too much! Love you lots,
hilde