Friday, April 17, 2009

Five Months Old

Dear Rya D.,

You're five months old today. You are an absolute joy. You are easy-peasy-chubby-cheek-squeezy. I hope I don't jinx myself by putting it in writing but I swear Rya, you have got to be the most easy-going baby EVER! And thank God for that because you owe me BIGTIME for the 9 months of horror you put me through carrying you in my belly. Get used to it because I will remind you for as long as I shall live how sick I felt being pregnant with you.

I realize that I'm biased but honest to God Rya you are absolutely adorable. Just when I think your eyelashes couldn't get any longer or your thighs any chubbier, I wake to find your eyelashes grew another mile and your thighs another roll. I could eat you up. Seriously, with a side of fava beans and a nice bottle of Chianti.

People tell me that you look nothing like me or your father. "Whose kid is this?" they tease. I tell them if there was some sort of crazy mix up at the hospital and we got the wrong baby that there was no way in hell I would give you back. But I know for sure that there was no mix up. You're our child. There is no question that you have your father's nose and my feet (sorry about that).

Thank you for being so simple, so beautiful and so easy to love! You are worth every second of sickness I felt when I was pregnant with you. I would do it a hundred times over for you.

All my love,
Mama

No comments: