Saturday, February 9, 2013

Blizzard of 2013

My brother just sent me this picture from Ipswich, MA and my Facebook newsfeed is riddled with the Blizzard of 2013.  There's cool images of snow covering doorways and grinning children (and adults!) sledding and creating snow angels and building memories to last a lifetime. There's shocking reports that the Park Lunch and The Thirsty Whale are closed forcing patrons to get blackout drunk in the privacy of their own homes (gasp). There's complaints of shoveling and driving bans and the possibility of another storm coming this Thursday. There's sexual innuendoes flying around every time someone mentions "inches" or "plowed" (almost always instigated by me). There's worry about my precious Plum Island taking more of a pounding (OH, Baby!) than she can handle and there's a mandatory evacuation of Salisbury Beach instantly causing me to crave Cristy's Pizza (corner slice extra provolone of course). My newsfeed is making me feel homesick and thankful I live in the South all at once.

No comments: