Saturday, February 7, 2009

Rya's First Babysitters

Our neighbors, Gary and Lisa, offered to babysit the kids so Trent and I could have a date night. Not being ones to turn down a few hours of peace and quiet, we gratefully took them up on the offer! Last night was our first night out since Rya was born so we celebrated with dinner downtown Charleston. We went to Wasabi for sushi, sake and Japanese beer. It was strange to have a whole meal and conversation without any outbursts or interruptions—absolute bliss! Currier and Rya had a good time too. They made pizza, played trains, watched movies and snuggled on the couch. Thank you Gary and Lisa!

*Note to self- DO NOT GIVE A TWO-YEAR-OLD CHAPSTICK!

3 comments:

Allison Curti said...

OMG I think I know this guy Gary! Maybe not but he looks like a Gary that actually was an old boyfriends roommate for a while. Have they been married forever??? Hum...I can not remember his last name. Oh how I wonder....

Anonymous said...

Hello Colleen,

I'm not trying to intrude, but I was intrigued by your blog. You are obviously someone who's travelled extensively and has a love of international experiences. I'm a coordinator for an au pair agency and just wondered what you were doing for childcare (or are you fortunate enough to be able to stay home!?). Anyway, I think an au pair would be a perfect alternative for you if you need affordable, flexible childcare. Please let me know if you'd like any information.
Best regards,
Emily
Emily.Davis@lcc.culturalcare.com

Meg said...

Okay.. so whats the story on the chapstick!! You've got my curiousity peaked :D