Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Three Months Old

Dear Rya D.,

You're three-months-old today and you still have your newborn blue eyes. We’ve been waiting to see if your eyes will turn brown like mine or hazel like your father’s but nope they’re still blue as ever. I looked back at pictures of Currier when he was three months old and his blue eyes had already turned brown by now. So, we’re thinking a recessive gene snuck in there and maybe we’ve got ourselves a blue eyed girl.

This month we’ve discovered that you love music. I mean really LOVE it. Within seconds of hearing music your whole demeanor changes. Just a few notes can change you from irritable to tranquil. You like all kinds of music but some of your favorite songs right now are I’m Yours, Skinny Love, Fix You and Hey There Delilah (We sing, "Hey There Rya"). Whenever you’re fussy I switch on the IPod and dance with you in the kitchen. Several times a day you make me drop everything I’m doing to listen to music and dance with you. I love you for that.

As much as I love your blue eyes, I don’t care if they change to brown or hazel but I do hope your love for music will never change. Whether your three months old or thirty years old, I hope you will always find comfort in music and I hope you will always be able to make me drop everything to dance with you in the kitchen.

All my love,
Mama

3 comments:

South of Rome said...

Awww, my heart just grew 3x this day! (Random Grinch reference)

Happy 3 months!

Smith Family said...

You have a fantastic blog! I hopped on to yours after discovering it through a comment you left on my friend, Sandra's blog. I was stationed with Sandra at Sigonella. Seeing your Sig photos brought back some great memories!

Happy Blogging,
Heather :)

Coleen said...

Ciao Karen,
Love the Grinch quote! Thanks.

Hi Heather,
Thanks for the compliment on my blog. Funny, I think I know your husband. Did he work for AFN in Sig? He interviewed me several times on air for ITT. I see on your blog that he's deployed. Best wishes on a speedy and safe return. Ciao, Coleen