Saturday, October 17, 2009

Eleven Months Old

Dear Rya D.,

Seriously? Are you seriously eleven months old already? How on earth can you be eleven months old? I just can’t wrap my mind around how fast you're growing up. It was just yesterday that we took you home from the hospital, cradling you in my arms and feeling your tiny breaths on my chest. And now that tiny baby is walking!

It was in the morning a few weeks ago before your father left for work so everyone got to witness those first steps. It was a beautiful moment and we're all so excited for you. I think you're pretty proud of yourself too.

This month I went away to Massachusetts for a long weekend to visit my father, who is ill. I've never been away from you except for the occasional hour here and there so this was a big deal for me. I wish I could say that I missed you the moment we said good-bye at the airport but truth be told I really enjoyed the break from you and Currier. It wasn't until the third day that my heart began to ache for you guys. I think you guys ached for me too because ever since I've been back you've both been a little more clingy and that's okay because I'm feeling a little more clingy to you and Currier too!

All my love,
Mama

No comments: