Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Lobsters and Lighthouses

Two months ago my father was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, a blood cancer that affects the bones. He's half way through his chemo treatments and responding well. I flew home to Massachusetts for a quick visit to spend some time with him. We spent the weekend eating lobster rolls, visiting lighthouses, taking rides to the beach, playing scrabble, eating beach pizza, drinking Moxie, reminiscing about the past and most importantly making plans for the future. I enjoyed our visit and look forward to many more good times together.

4 comments:

Eliza said...

I'm never going to forget Connie's dance after learning that we would get 4 free pints of ice cream...fun times. Your welcome to stay with us any time you want.I had a blast, I hope that you did too!

Kat :) said...

that is great Coleen!!! Memories to last a lifetime. You and your family are in my prayers. :)

Anonymous said...

Coleen, I'm very sorry to hear about your father, but I'm confident that everything will be OK. You and your family are in our prayers.
May God bless you all,
Laura

Karen said...

Coleen, I'm sorry to hear about your dad- and happy to know that at least now you can make quick trips home. See, there are some good things about being back in the US. I can't wait to get up North and introduce Chris to a lobster roll from Abbot's in Noank, CT - yum!!