Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We actaully celebrated Thanksgiving the evening before Thanksgiving this year.  This way I wouldn't have to worry about cooking after running the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning and also so that my dad could enjoy leftovers for a day before flying out the morning after Thanksgiving.  We had a quiet, simple dinner.  I have so much to be thankful for but this year I was especially thankful to have my father here with us.  

Thanksgiving morning I ran the Turkey Run 5K downtown Charleston in 80 degree weather with my good friend Ella.  My dad, Trent and the kids greeted me at the finish line and so did a giant beer truck.  Life is so good!   

After the race, we watched the Macy's Parade, ate leftovers, watched football, ate more leftovers, unbuttoned our pants and decorated the house for Christmas.  Bring on the next holiday! 

No comments: