Tuesday, September 18, 2012

For the Glory of a Marathon


I have runner's knee which is a loose term for "you're too old for this shit". The physical therapist said this is a very common over training injury. I've had to take some time off to heal. Today marks one week of ice, rest and Motrin. It's just starting to feel better and I might attempt a short run tomorrow to get back in the game. It's six weeks till the half marathon in Savannah and sixteen weeks till the full at Disney.  No more whammies, please!

2 comments:

Karen said...

This happened to me too. I ended up using a band around my knee and it seemed to help. I'm sure I looked like a giant dork! ICE, ICE Baby!! So excited you are doing a marathon. I loved my experience!! I tried to comment before about the trots (oh the trots).. thank god I didn't have that. Nope, I had my period. Real nice running down your leg at mile 24...

Coleen said...

Oh God, I didn't even think of my period! That will be my luck! That and my toenails will fall off my freak feet!