Wednesday, December 17, 2008

One Month Old

Dear Rya D.,

You are one-month-old today. I don’t know where the time went. It feels like it was just yesterday that we brought you home from the hospital and yet the adjustment was so swift that I feel like you’ve always been a part of our family.

I’m much more relaxed and confident as a mother the second time around so I feel like I’m able to enjoy you more. I know this time goes by in a flash so I relish in every second because I know I will never get these moments back. You love to be held and I love holding you so we get along just fine. I could stare at you for hours. I love your crazy Pat Benatar hair, your dainty fingers, your Balent nose, your pouty lips, your double chin and your skinny legs. You have serious eyes, a sweet-raspy cry and the softest hands. You’ve already grown and changed so much in these four short weeks.

As I watch you grow, I want to stop the world and hold you. I want to protect you from everything bad. I wish I could promise that you will never feel sad, angry or betrayed. I can’t promise you that, but I can promise you love. Your father, brother and I love you more than you could possibly know and I hope you will always feel our love.

All my love,
Mama

4 comments:

Meg said...

*snifsnif*
*wipes tears away*

You sure have a way with words Mrs. Balent!

(((BIGHUGS)))

Allison Curti said...

WOW, so eloquently said....got me choked up over here. She is beautiful!

Karen said...

Hah! I love her HAIR! Fabulous backdrop too ;) Rock on Rya!

Amy said...

That tutu photo is the best!