Saturday, August 16, 2008

Museum, Pasta & Gelato

On Friday, Currier and I hit the Children's Museum of the Lowcountry downtown Charleston. We're members now and Currier knows his way around the museum very well. He raced right to the water room and spent most of his time racing the boats down the currents. After he was sufficiently soaked, we spent a good part of the morning in the Charleston Market "shopping" and ramming the mini shopping cart into the heels of other consumers. Insert evil laugh!

After the museum, I was feeling brave and decided to try a lunch date with my two-year-old son. We choose the first restaurant we saw which was Joe Pasta. Currier was so well behaved in the museum I thought he might be well behaved for lunch. I thought wrong! From the second we sat in our cozy little booth, he turned into someone else's child. I even said loud enough for the table next to us to hear, "Wait until I tell your mother how you're acting!"
The aggravating memories of our pasta lunch from hell were quickly overshadowed when we stopped at Paolo's to finally try some Italian gelato in Charleston. I was surprised to see that they had my favorite flavor from Sicily, Zuppa Inglese. Currier, who was now acting like an angel, and I shared a small cup and quietly declared it was delizioso but still no comparison to the gelato in Sicily.

No comments: